“They had a really slick website…”
To overcome the Perception Hurdle, you need to show prospects you’re investing in the business. A website with the latest innovations, proves you’re moving forward. The opposite is equally true.
Save space by displaying related content in same place.
- Hides low priority info.
- Reduces scrolling. Moves elements up the page.
- Hide ‘secondary’ content only
- Ensure tabs clearly signpost content
Binary switches, eg open or closed, on or off.
- Accordions toggles save space: hides content when unselected.
- Great for FAQs or complex side navs.
Customer support channel with proven track record in increasing sales.
- Avoids switchboard purgatory.
- Instant reply unlike forms or email.
- Only works if staffed(not AI robots!).
Navigation fixes to top, whilst page scrolls.
- Navigation bar signposts always displayed.
- Encourages page flow.
- Whilst scrolling, can also reduce nav. bar height, to maximize content display.
jQuery calcs scale content, to fill an area(aka ‘card layouts’).
- Popularised by Pinterest
- Tessellates content in varying dimensions.
- Text mis-aligns. So just for image led content.
Bandwidth-light animation to enhance User Experience.
- On hover, scroll or page load, elements zoom, bounce or slide in.
- Must be fast and subtle to avoid annoyance!
Borrowed from animation (e.g. home page header).
- Content moves slower than foreground, to give illusion of depth.
- Novelty. Use sparingly. Can slow page loads.
Adding clarity by removing excessive ornamentation.
- Style response to rise in small screen devices.
- No unnecessary garnish: drop shadows, ribbons…
- No shiny/ faux textures.